Thursday, December 16, 2010

Mockingjay - Entire Book (Personal Connection)

I am completely obsessed with The Hunger Games trilogy! This series is in my top 3 along with The Twilight Saga and Harry Potter.
When I read books I always find someway to relate my current personal situation with the book. When I was reading this book there were a lot of emotions going through me. I felt sad, mad, lonely, heartbroken...these are the emotions that the character was going through. For a writer to make its readers feel the same emotions as the characters is amazing. I got so into this book that when I was reading it I felt like I was Katniss and those things were happening to me. I do not think I have engrossed myself in as a book that much before.
Even after I was finished with this book I was constantly thinking about it. This is one of those books that I never wanted to end.
The only aspect about this book that I did not like was the last pages. Everything happened so fast. I think it would have made the book much better if the lives of main characters were explained more. The only thing that you hear about Gale at the end is that he went to District 2 and "got some fancy military job there." I just wish that it was like 50 pages longer to describe their lives after the rebellion.
In the words of Katniss Everdeen "What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again."

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you especially when you pointed out the last pages of the book. I was so engrossed with the whole book like I was burning from the intensity of the story but when I read the last pages I was like dropped into the depths of an icy ocean :((( I just hope that the main characters lives like you said were given focus upon after the war :(( and also the sudden appearance of Effie Trinket with little explanation as to why she's alive and that she wasn't even given a part to tell her true feelings :(( And the most annoying was that the people of Panem would never see the true color of Pres.Coin and why Katniss killed her for the Doctor of Katniss made the court think that she was unstable :((( Anyway I loved the series but like you said the last pages were such a disappointment

    ReplyDelete